No Script

Please Wait...

Al-Ahed Telegram

UNRWA: No Place Safe in Gaza, ‘Israel’s’ Safe Zones’ Claim False

UNRWA: No Place Safe in Gaza, ‘Israel’s’ Safe Zones’ Claim False
folder_openPalestine access_time 4 days ago
starAdd to favorites

By Staff, Agencies

The head of the United Nations’ agency for Palestinian refugees [UNRWA] Philippe Lazzarini has rejected “Israel’s” claims about setting up so-called safe zones for the displaced people of Gaza as “false and misleading.”

The Commissioner General Lazzarini made the remark in a Sunday post on X social media platform.

Since the onset of its genocidal war on Gaza over seven months ago, the “Israeli” occupation forces have been pounding Gaza with incessant attacks from air, sea and land, mass-killing the helpless civilians in the blockaded territory.

“The claim of ‘safe zones’ is false and misleading. No place is safe in Gaza. Period,” the UNRWA chief said.

On Saturday, the “Israeli” military ordered Palestinians to evacuate more areas in Rafah in a further indication that the entity is preparing to expand its military operations in the city despite widespread international opposition.

The new evacuation orders issued by the entity cover areas in the center of Rafah, forcing tens of thousands more people to move to “an expanded humanitarian area” in al-Mawasi, situated in the western part of Gaza, where aid workers have described its conditions as “horrific.”

“The ‘Israeli’ authorities continue to issue forced displacement orders also known as ‘evacuation orders’. This is forcing people in Rafah to flee anywhere and everywhere,” Lazzarini said.

Doctors Without Borders expresses horror over a deadly “Israeli” assault on a southern Gaza town that was previously designated as “safe” by the entity’s military.

He added, “Since the war began, most people in Gaza have moved multiple times: on average once a month. They desperately sought safety that they never found.”

Lazzarini confirmed that the displaced people of Gaza have no choice but to stay in UNRWA’s shelters, which have been already bombed out by “Israeli” forces.

On Saturday, the UN agency estimated that “150,000 people have now fled Rafah since [last] Monday, looking for safety where there's none.”

It added, “At least 300,000 people affected as further areas across Gaza Strip receive new evacuation orders today, both towards central Rafah in the south and Jabalia in north Gaza.”

Comments