Alahednews
english.alahednews.com.lb
Al-Ahed Telegram
Battle for Anbar: Iraqi Forces Begin Op. to Retake Hawija from Daesh North Korea Minister Calls Trump’s Threat «Sound of Dog Barking» Bahrain’s «Israelization»: Introductory Rehearsal to Opening Tel Aviv - Riyadh Road Venezuelan President: Trump is «The New Hitler» Tillerson: Iran in Compliance with Nuke Deal NKorea Threatens US with ’Horrible Nuclear Strike, Miserable, Final Ruin’ Germany’s Heckler & Koch to Stop Selling Guns to ‘Israel’ Saudi Arabia Arrests Two Rights Activists The Effects of Neo-liberalism on the World Lebanese President from NY: Army Can Stand Up to Terrorism, Terrorists #ParsonsGreen: 5 Suspects Detained in #London Tube Attack #Syria: #US-Backed Force Takes 90% of #Raqqa from #Daesh #ParsonsGreen: 3rd Man Arrested over #London Tube Attack #Palestine: Dozens of ‘#Israeli Settlers Storm Holy #AlAqsa Mosque ‘Israeli' Chief of Staff: I Can't Guarantee Non-Infiltration through ‘Israeli' Borders in Next War #NewZealand Hit by Strong 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Hours after #MexicoQuake #Israel Intercepts, Downs Drone in #Golan #Iraqi PM Announces the Start of #Anbar Offensive #Syria: Airstrikes Targeting #Nusra Terrorists in North, Northeast #Hama #Lebanon's President in #NY for #UN Meeting
Guestbook mailinglist.php arabic site french site spanish site facebook twitter rss page
News Categories » NEWS » Africa » Egypt

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size  Print Page
30 ‘Highly Dangerous’ Militants Killed in Egypt’s Sinai
Local Editor

The Egyptian military said it has killed 30 militants over four days in ground and air raids in the restive Sinai Peninsula.

30 ‘Highly Dangerous' Militants Killed in Egypt's Sinai

The military said in a statement on Friday that 30 "highly dangerous" militants had been killed and five others arrested in the operations in the province of North Sinai.

The army, however, did not explain what group the militants belonged to.

Earlier this month, Egypt was hit by one of the worst attacks on its security forces in years. At least 23 soldiers were killed and 26 more wounded in two bombings, claimed by Daesh [the Arabic acronym for the Takfiri terrorist ‘ISIS/ISIL' group] that targeted security checkpoints south of Rafah City in northern Sinai on July 7.

The Sinai Peninsula has been under a state of emergency since October 2014, after a deadly terrorist attack left 33 Egyptian soldiers dead.

Over the past years, militants have been carrying out anti-government activities and fatal attacks, taking advantage of the turmoil caused in Egypt after the democratically-elected president, Mohamed Morsi, was ousted in a military-led coup in July 2013.

The Velayat Sinai militant group, which is an affiliate of Daesh, claimed responsibility for most of the assaults, mainly targeting the army and police.

Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team

22-07-2017 | 09:47


Name
E-Mail
Comment Title
Comment
Human Verification


News Coverage

Related News

Search
To Top