Alahednews
english.alahednews.com.lb
Al-Ahed Telegram
Sayyed Nasrallah Rejects US Presence in Iraq: We Stand by LA in Face of ’Israel’, No for Normalization Bibi Says Relations with Jordan Back on Track, New Envoy to Be Named within Days Turkish Army Launches New Strikes on Kurdish Targets in Syria Egypt: Former Military Chief of Staff Enters Presidential Race Yemen Crisis: 32,000+ Displaced In Two Months Mike Pence’s Mideast Trip Still On as Gov’t Shutdown Looms Lavrov: US Trying To Create Alternative Gov’t on Syrian Land Germany to Stop Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia for Its Devastating War in Yemen New Blood Test Detects Eight Cancers at Early Stages US Gov’t Shuts Down, White House Blames Dems #Yemeni Missile Force Launches a Short-range Ballistic Missile on the #Saudi Najran Force Military Base #Syrian Army, Allies Start Storming the Abo Dhhour Military Airbase #Syrian Army, Allies Advance towards the intersection of Om Joura town near the Abu Dhhour Military Airbase 11 Killed, 46 Injured in #Turkey Bus Crash Sayyed #Nasrallah: #Hezbollah affirms its rejection of the #American arrogance and the #Zionist scheme Sayyed #Nasrallah: There are #Arab regimes that continue to pressure the #Palestinians to accept the little presented to them Sayyed #Nasrallah: One of the major challenges #Iraqi forces are to face is to reject the presence of #US forces Sayyed #Nasrallah to the #Americans: If you want not to return to our region, ask your allies in the region and the world not to support #Daesh Sayyed #Nasrallah: There is no side in #Lebanon that wants to delay or annul the elections Sayyed #Nasrallah: The #Americans under the pretext of #Daesh want to return and stay in #Iraq and the same in #Syria
Guestbook mailinglist.php arabic site french site spanish site facebook twitter rss page
News Categories » NEWS » Europe » Europe...

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size  Print Page
Spain Suspect: Terror Cell Planned Big Attack on Monuments
Local Editor

A suspected member of the terror cell that unleashed carnage in Spain last week admitted to a judge on Tuesday that the terrorists had planned to hit monuments in an even bigger attack.

Spain terror suspects

Mohamed Houli Chemlal, 21, said he knew of the plans two months ago, as he, and three other suspects, appeared in court for the first time since twin attacks killed 15 people and wounded more than 100.

The four are the only surviving suspects from what was believed to be a 12-man terror cell that rammed a van into pedestrians on a tourist-packed boulevard in Barcelona on Thursday.

Hours later, members of the group committed a similar attack in Cambrils further south.

After a full day hearing before the judge, Chemlal and another suspect, Driss Oukabir, 27, were remanded in custody and charged with terror related offences.

But the third man who owns the car used in the Cambrils attack, Mohamed Aallaa, was granted conditional release with the judge saying evidence against him was weak.

The judge gave himself three more days to decide if the fourth suspect, Salh El Karib -- who manages a store that allows people to make calls abroad -- should be remanded or released from custody. Searches of his business were ordered late Tuesday.

The judge did not follow the request of the prosecutor, who said all four should be charged with terror related offences and detained.

Chemlal, a Spaniard, told the judge the cell was planning "an attack on an even greater scale, targeting monuments" using bombs, a judicial source told AFP.

Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team

23-08-2017 | 13:12


Name
E-Mail
Comment Title
Comment
Human Verification


News Coverage

Related News

Search
To Top