NEWSMiddle EastMore from Middle East Alahednews:Ministry: Kuwait Breaks up ’ISIL’ Cell

Please Wait...

Truthful Promise

Ministry: Kuwait Breaks up ’ISIL’ Cell

folder_openMore from Middle East access_time2 years ago
starAdd to favorites

Local Editor

Kuwaiti security authorities have "taken a preemptive move, uncovering a cell of the terrorist organization "Daesh"," the Ministry of Interior announced early on Thursday.

Ministry: Kuwait Breaks up

The arrests came one month after a deadly bombing at Imam Sadiq [AS] mosque.

Authorities arrested four men while the fifth was killed in a "terrorist" operation in Iraq, the ministry said in a statement. All the members are Kuwaiti nationals.

Four cell members had allegedly taken part in fighting in Iraq, including the member who was killed, while another "facilitated and supported their travel to Iraq to take part in terrorist operations," the ministry said.

The ministry declared in the statement carried out by Kuwait News Agency [Kuna] that the detainees confessed they received "indoctrination courses on the terrorist group and its deviant thoughts, in addition to advanced practical training on using firearms before taking part in combat action in Syria and Iraq."

According to ministry information, all the suspects were born between 1982 and 1990.

Security authorities said they found Takfiri books that called for fighting and carrying out terrorist attacks as well as an "ISIL" terrorist group flag in the house of one suspect.

Moreover, they declared that other suspects joined "ISIL" Takfiri group in Mosul and took part in combat while others facilitated the suspects' travel to Iraq to take part in terrorist operations.

The ministry vowed it would spare no effort in clamping down firmly on anyone who might attempt to undermine the homeland's security, Kuna said.

Pre-emptive precautions will be in force against any terrorist acts and terrorists will be brought to justice. Hence, the ministry said that the case had been referred to the public prosecution for legal action, but it did not mention when the arrests were made.

"ISIL" claimed a suicide attack on Imam Sadiq [AS] mosque in Kuwait City in June that killed 26 people and wounded hundreds. Authorities had charged 29 people, including seven women, in connection with the worst attack in the Gulf state.

Accordingly, a trial is set to open on August 4, which will see five of the suspects tried in absentia.

Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team

Comments

// -0.050326