Bibi Hints «Israel» Carried Out Latest Syria Strike
By Staff, Agencies
“Israeli” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday seemed to hint that the “Israeli” entity was responsible for an airstrike in central Syria over the weekend.
“We are continuing to operate on all fronts, including the northern one,” Netanyahu said, at an event in al-Quds [Jerusalem] for families of killed “Israeli’ Occupation Forces [IOF] soldiers.
“We are not prepared to allow someone to entrench themselves in a way that endangers ‘Israel’,” he said. “Strength is the guarantee of our existence and is the crucial and basic condition for achieving peace with our neighbors.”
Syria has blamed the entity for the strike early Saturday morning that targeted an army base outside the northwestern city of Masyaf. Syria’s state news agency, SANA, said its air defenses intercepted the “Israeli” attack, downing some of the missiles fired by the entity.
The IOF declined to comment on the early morning raid. The entity does not usually comment on reports concerning its airstrikes in neighboring Syria, though it has recently acknowledged striking Iranian targets there.
On Sunday, a satellite imaging firm released pictures of the aftermath of the Saturday morning raid.
The “Israeli” entity had previously targeted the Masyaf region, including last July, when IOF warplanes bombarded a Syrian scientific research center.
Last month, “Israel” attacked targets near the northern city of Aleppo. SANA said that airstrike targeted several bases near an industrial zone by the airport and that air defenses had managed to intercept several incoming missiles.
The entity’s Acting Foreign Minister Yisrael Katz also appeared to confirm last month’s attack, saying in an interview with “Israel” Radio that “ it’s Israel” that had carried out the strike, adding that it was a “challenging” operation.