Please Wait...

Al-Ahed Telegram

War on Yemen: Saudi Arabia, Allies Intensify Offensive on Al-Hudaydah

folder_openYemen access_time 13 days ago
starAdd to favorites

Local Editor

Saudi Arabia and its allies intensified a brutal offensive on Yemen’s al-Hudaydah — whose port is the country’s only conduit to the outside world under a Saudi-led blockade — martyring at least three people and injuring 35 others.

According to Yemen’s al-Masirah television, medical sources said the Saudi airstrikes martyred two people and wounded 24 others on the outskirts of the Red Sea port city of al-Hudaydah on Monday.

Earlier in the day, five inmates at al-Hudaydah’s central prison were injured as Saudi warplanes launched several air raids on the prison.

A girl also sustained injuries and a mosque was damaged in an artillery attack launched by Saudi-backed mercenaries in the province.

Saudi-backed militants also attacked a Yemeni factory, leaving a worker dead and five others injured.

Relatively, al-Masirah released footage showing residential buildings targeted in the city’s district of Hali on Monday.

The Saudi-led coalition has been pushing over the past several months to capture the city of al-Hudaydah, the main entry point for food imports and aid relief needed by millions in the war-torn country.

But during the past couple of days, they have severely intensified their attacks on the city.

Meanwhile, speaking at a press conference in New York City on Monday, UN secretary-general’s spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said humanitarian aid had been provided to nearly 570,000 displaced people in Hudaydah since the start of the Saudi-led offensive in the province last June.

“Since the June 1, more than 570,000 people have been displaced by conflict across Hudaydah Governorate; the UN and its humanitarian partners have reached nearly all these people with emergency relief packages,” he said.

Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched a devastating military campaign against Yemen in March 2015.

According to a new report by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project [ACLED], the Saudi-led war has so far claimed the lives of around 56,000 Yemenis.

Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team

Comments