Source: almanar.com.lb, 6-8-2009
Nearly 3 years on the "Israeli" defeat and the anniversary of the "Divine Victory", "Israeli" occupation officials continued on Wednesday their "bullying campaign" against Lebanon and its people threatening that the northern front could "explode at any minute" and expressing their concern of the possibility of deteriorating the security situation.
The Times of London reported on Wednesday that the resistance movement Hizbullah has stockpiled 40,000 rockets near the border with occupied Palestine and is training its resistance fighters to use missiles capable of striking Tel Aviv.
According to the report, resistance fighters are now being trained in the use of both long-range ground-to-ground missiles as well as anti-aircraft missiles to use against "Israel".
"Israel", the United Nations and Hizbullah itself have all said that the resistance group is stronger today than it was during the Second Lebanon War in 2006.
While the northern front has been relatively quiet since the 2006 conflict, Deputy GOC Northern Command Alon Friedman told The Times that the peace could "explode at any minute."
This report comes a day after "Israeli" defense minister Ehud Barak warned that its government considers the Lebanese government responsible for any deterioration of the security situation along the northern border.
Last month, Hizbullah Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah said his resistance group will not hesitate to attack Tel Aviv should "Israel" strike the movement's stronghold in Beirut in the Southern Suburb.
Speaking at a closed-door session, Sayyed Nasrallah warned that "the equation had changed" in its method of resistance against "Israel" and threatened to attack Tel Aviv should the "Israeli" army bomb the southern suburbs of Beirut, as it did during the 2006 war.
Senior "Israeli" occupation army staff and war establishment personnel have expressed extreme concern over the possibility of a serious incident on the Lebanese border in the near future.