Activists and local media reported that at least 30 Yemenis, including women and children, had been martyred in a series of Saudi-led air strikes in north Yemen.
Hussain al-Bukhaiti, a Yemeni activist, told al-Jazeera at least 16 air strikes targeted the village of Hiran in Hajjah province on Tuesday, martyring 30 people, including a family of 10.
Quoting local residents, Bukhaiti said the raids started shortly after midnight, targeting the home of Sheikh Hamdi, martyring him and his family.
The strikes reportedly continued until 5pm local time [14:00 GMT]. According to Bukhaiti, the devastation prevented relatives and rescue workers from retrieving the bodies of the dead.
Al-Masirah TV channel reported that 10 paramedics were also martyred.
It published photos on Twitter and its website showing a bombed-out vehicle and dead children.
A coalition of Arab countries assembled by Saudi Arabia launched an air campaign against the Ansarullah in March 2015 to try to restore the ousted President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi to power.
Since then, more than 10,000 people had been martyred, millions forced from their homes, and the country facing severe famine and a deadly cholera outbreak.
Source: Al-Jazeera, Edited by website team