As the Saudi aggression continues to brutally massacre civilians in Yemen, its blockade against the country forms another aspect of humanitarian disaster.
In this context, UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres on Sunday urged the allowance of humanitarian aid into the country amid the ongoing Saudi war against the impoverished nation.
"We are doing are best to create the conditions for the present stalemate to be overcome," Guterres said after talks in Kuwait, which is leading mediation efforts in crises across the region.
A Saudi-led aggression has imposed an air and sea blockade on all Yemen in March 2015 and tightened it in August last year.
Guterres said the UN was trying to facilitate the re-opening of the country's main international airport in Sanaa as well as the Hodeida port.
"We will be working very closely with the [parties] to see when and how a new strong initiative will be possible," he told a news conference.
More than 8,400 civilians have been martyred and 47,800 wounded since the Saudi-led coalition started its aggression, according to the World Health Organization.
Another 2,000 people have died of cholera in a deadly outbreak that has spread across Yemen since April.
Long the poorest country in the Arab world, millions of Yemeni now stand at the brink of famine, according to the United Nations.
Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team