Alahednews
english.alahednews.com.lb
Al-Ahed Telegram
SCOTUS Rules in Favor of Iran, Forbids Seizure of Persian Artifacts Facebook, Instagram Went Down around US, Europe & Asia Trump Violating Human Rights, Amnesty International Says Bangladesh Accelerates Plan to Place Rohingyas on an Isolated Island Finnish Self-Tests to Go ’Nano a Nano’ With Viral Infections, Stress Arab MK: Saudi Arabia ’In Alliance’ With the ’Israeli’ Right, Doesn’t Want Netanyahu’s Downfall Trump Suggests Armed Teachers Could Prevent School Massacres N Korea is Sending High-Level Delegation to Olympics Closing Ceremony Yemen Crisis: 66 People Died of Diphtheria, WHO Reports US-Led Coalition Strikes Kill 12 Civilians in Syria’s Deir Ezzor #Facebook, #Instagram Down: #US, #Europe & #Asia Hit by Major Outage - Users #Kremlin: #Russia, Allies Not Responsible For Situation in #Syria's #Ghouta #Gaza: #Cyber Attack Downs Communication Networks, Bans nearby Settlements from Sending, Receiving Calls Court in #Bahrain sentences prominent activist #NabeelRajab to 5 years in prison over tweets #Erdogan: #Turkey will lay siege to #Syria's #Afrin in coming days Sayyed #Nasrallah: Minister Mohammed #Fneish will be in the next government and thus he is not among our #parliamentary candidates Sayyed #Nasrallah: As a result of the burdens on the deputies and the ministers, we will work to distribute the weight of responsibilities Sayyed #Nasrallah: After the finalization of the lists, we will announce the names of the friends who will be backed by #Hezbollah Medium Intensity Earthquake Shakes SW #Mexico, Scaring Residents #Zarif: No one in the #Gulf can dominate this region and we should work together
Guestbook mailinglist.php arabic site french site spanish site facebook twitter rss page
News Categories » NEWS » Europe » Spain

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size  Print Page
Spain Suspect: Terror Cell Planned Big Attack on Monuments
Local Editor

A suspected member of the terror cell that unleashed carnage in Spain last week admitted to a judge on Tuesday that the terrorists had planned to hit monuments in an even bigger attack.

Spain terror suspects

Mohamed Houli Chemlal, 21, said he knew of the plans two months ago, as he, and three other suspects, appeared in court for the first time since twin attacks killed 15 people and wounded more than 100.

The four are the only surviving suspects from what was believed to be a 12-man terror cell that rammed a van into pedestrians on a tourist-packed boulevard in Barcelona on Thursday.

Hours later, members of the group committed a similar attack in Cambrils further south.

After a full day hearing before the judge, Chemlal and another suspect, Driss Oukabir, 27, were remanded in custody and charged with terror related offences.

But the third man who owns the car used in the Cambrils attack, Mohamed Aallaa, was granted conditional release with the judge saying evidence against him was weak.

The judge gave himself three more days to decide if the fourth suspect, Salh El Karib -- who manages a store that allows people to make calls abroad -- should be remanded or released from custody. Searches of his business were ordered late Tuesday.

The judge did not follow the request of the prosecutor, who said all four should be charged with terror related offences and detained.

Chemlal, a Spaniard, told the judge the cell was planning "an attack on an even greater scale, targeting monuments" using bombs, a judicial source told AFP.

Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team

23-08-2017 | 13:12


Name
E-Mail
Comment Title
Comment
Human Verification


News Coverage

Related News

Search
To Top