Afghan Acting Interior Ministry spokesman Najib Danish said at least 24 people lost their lives and 40 sustained injuries but the casualty toll could rise further.
A suicide attacker detonated a car bomb in the western part of Kabul on Monday, massacring at least 24 people and wounding 40.
Meanwhile, police cordoned off the area, located near the house of the deputy government Chief Executive Mohammad Mohaqiq in a part of the city where many of the mainly Shi'ite Hazara community live, but they said the target of the attack was so far unclear.
A small bus owned by the Ministry of Mines had been destroyed, government security sources said.
Salim Rasouli, director of the city's hospitals, said at least 13 dead and 17 wounded had been taken to hospitals.
The latest suicide bombing adds to the unrelenting violence in Afghanistan, where at least 1,662 civilians lost their lives in the first half of the year. It came two weeks after Daesh [the Arabic acronym for the Takfiri ‘ISIS/ISIL' group] claimed an attack on a mosque in the capital that killed at least four people.
Kabul has accounted for at least 20 percent of all civilian casualties this year, including at least 150 people killed in a massive truck bomb attack at the end of May, according to United Nations figures.
The Taliban, which is battling the Western-backed government for control of Afghanistan, has launched a wave of terrorist attacks around the country in recent days, sparking fighting in more than half a dozen provinces.
Source: News Agencies, Edited by website team